Monday, October 21, 2013

CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT MODELS

Hello everybody,
So from the concept development colleges I had to come with three study models for each. A total of 9. Translating everything we see in the collages into an abstract form. 

As you already learned from my previous post the collages were Impression of the Site, which for me was creepy; Program, Boutique Hotel; and Word, Rustic

For these study models, starting from left to right, were inspired by the verticality of the trees and the angle that the persons in the bottom, second image that is shown as it goes farther to the back. The second two images, were a perspective view of the long hallways. As it goes farther is comes closer and darker.

For my program what i want to transmit through my hotel is comfort, relaxing, delicacy and clean environment. 

As for the word that I picked, rustic, I wanted to capture the rectilinear form, the different patterns and textures that the images in my collage has.

2 comments:

  1. These are very nice, Yerina! Models made not only out of "traditional" studio materials like balsa and foam board, but also sugar cubes, coins and pasta - I love them all!!! The effort you placed in each and every one of them is apparent. The forms you are exploring are powerful, intriguing and at the same time attractive. And while they cannot be described as simple, they have a straight-forwardness and clarity that to me is very appealing. The potential to develop them further is certainly there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have great ideas. Please keep going. Can't wait for the next post

    ReplyDelete