Sunday, October 13, 2013

CONCEPT DEVELOPMENT

After deeply studying some precedent, its time to get creative. We were ask to make three collages: One, of our impression of the side; two, the program of the building typology we are designing; and three, of one word that we would pick from a list.

My impression of the site when I first went there was creepy.  It was an isolated area with really old building s. Some of them were abandoned. It was a rainy day and while I was walking around I was expecting something or someone to come out to me. We actually went inside of one of the warehouse that is next to the Fareway Market and the hall was long and dark. No one was around and from the windows we could see shadows of what was to the other side of it. And when we went up to the roof, our hair were standing, straight up.

As would already learn, my building typology is a boutique hotel and what I want to incorporate to my design is peace. I want to guest to relax and enjoy their stay, that could be enjoying the view (sunsets), the food and drinks.

From the list of words that we were given, the word that i felt more attracted to was rustic.  When we all went to the site, all I could see around was texture. The texture of the sand in the ground, the grass, the wood of the fences and benches, the stone also in the floor and the brick on the walls.

No comments:

Post a Comment